- homework completion
- undesirable behaviors (non-STAR behavior)...."card flips"
- good behavior (I haven't used it quite as much for this but I'm working on it!)
In the past I have kept a record of this and sent it home in the Weekly Folder, either on a quarterly sheet or more recently, the "weekly report" slip. I will no longer be doing the weekly report sheet or slip in the folders. Parents (and myself) will be able to access all of this information through Class Dojo. If you haven't signed up already and I have an email address for you- I will be sending an invite soon. I would encourage you to sign up as it is going to be the best way to keep track of your child's work habits and behavior. Once signed up, you can check on it as little or as often as you'd like...it really is up to you. Another nice feature of Class Dojo that I have used with some parents, and hope to utilize more is the messaging feature. Think of it as another way to communicate with me that in many ways, is easier and more direct than email. I promise that this isn't difficult and won't take a lot of your time- in fact it should save you time and keep you MORE in the "loop" with your child's school experience. Here is the bottom line:
- sign up to follow our class/your student on Class Dojo if you haven't yet
- know that the weekly report slips will NOT be coming anymore in the Weekly Folders
- check Class Dojo as often as you'd like to see how your child is doing
- Let me know if you can't access the internet and I will send you the weekly print outs from Class Dojo. I am just encouraging people to follow it electronically to save paper but I am glad to send print outs if that's what works best for you.